Have you recently finished a piece of colored pencil artwork that you’re really pleased with? Now is your opportunity to share that work with the world in the CP Magic! Reader Gallery.
CP Magic! features a gallery of reader and subscriber art every month except for special issues.
Submissions are open from the 8th of each month through the 15th. If you would like to receive email notification when submissions open, sign up for the free CP Magic! News Group newsletter.
The CP Magic! Reader Gallery Rules
- Mostly colored pencil work. You may use other mediums along with your colored pencils. Watercolors, watercolor pencils, inks and markers, and pastels. But make sure you submit artwork created mostly in colored pencil.
- Created from your own reference photos. The only exception to this rule is if you know the photographer. A family member, for example, gave you a photo of their pet and you used it for a portrait.
- NO CELEBRITY ART. Actor, musician, athlete. If the person is a recognizable, public person, chose another piece of artwork for the Reader Gallery.
- ONE entry per artist.
- Do not submit artwork that has been previously published. If one of your pieces has been published in CP Magic! in any form (other than as a featured artist), please choose another piece to submit.
Artwork that does not meet these qualifications will not be considered.
The most important thing to remember is that the digital image you submit will be the only image I see. So make sure your artwork is well-lighted, with no shadows or glares in the image when you photograph it.
Also make sure the colors are as close to your original artwork as possible.
Artwork must fill the Digital Image.
Images should also must not contain frames, mattes, or glass. Also avoid submitting images that show a background of any type.
The artwork should be “squared up”.
For the best results, make sure the artwork fills the digital image, like the painting on the right in the illustration below.
At least 200 dpi resolution.
Digital images must be saved at 200 dpi (dots per inch) resolution or they will not be accepted. 300 dpi is preferred.
At least 600 pixels on the longest side.
It’s always better to send a larger image. Images that are too small become blurry or pixelated when enlarged.
Vertical images should be at least 600 pixels in height.
Horizontal images should be at least 600 pixels in width.
|Need help resizing your images? Image2Go.com makes it easy. Just upload your image, follow the steps, and download your resized image. All for free! Click here to get started.|
REMEMBER: I cannot see your original artwork. The digital image that you provide is the only image I can see, so make sure it’s the absolute closest match to your original artwork that you can make it.
How to Enter
Prepare your image, then attach it to an email to email@example.com
- The title of the work
- Your name as you want it to appear
- The size of the artwork
- Paper or other support you used
- Pencils or other media
- A brief paragraph about why you chose the subject or how you drew it. Personal thoughts on the artwork you submit are also welcome. 100 words or less!
Additional CP Magic Reader Gallery Information
Two to four submissions will be selected for publication in CP Magic!. The number of selections is based on the number of entries, the eligibility of the entries, and the number of pages available in each issue.
The entry deadline is 11:59 pm Central Time US on the 15th of this month. Don’t miss it. Send your entries today!
Join the CP Magic! News Group for all the latest news on new issues, calls to artists, and more.