It’s a new year. The perfect time to announce new online art courses at Carrie L. Lewis Horse Painter.
The original courses continue unchanged. No changes in price or any of the details. You can still enroll for work-at-your-own-pace lessons in oil painting or colored pencil and finish two paintings or drawings for only $195.
One Project Courses
Beginning January 1, 2015, you can opt for an art course that walks you through one oil painting or one colored pencil drawing.
- choose your subject and the method you want to use.
- work at your own pace.
- get one-on-one instruction and assistance via email.
These courses are great if time is a concern or if you’re not sure you want to do two projects. They’re also perfect if you want to brush up on existing skills or try a new medium or method.
Best of all, you pay only $105!
Getting started is easy. Just send me an email. If you’re ready to begin immediately, I’ll send an invoice by PayPal. Lessons begin the moment I receive payment.
Work at your own pace and on your own time. Take as much or as little time to complete the course as you need. The class ends when your project is finished to your satisfaction. We observe national holidays and weekends, as well as illnesses and family events, during which times there may be delays in feedback.
In order to provide the best teaching opportunities for every student, enrollment is limited. If you’re interested in the course, but the class is full, your name will be put on a waiting list and you will be notified for the next available opening.
Your choice. Submit several photos that you would like to work from (any subject matter) and together we will choose the best photo for you to learn from. You will receive one-on-one email tutoring, covering your strengths and weaknesses, including helpful tips on making the work stronger. Light and shadow, perspective, composition, colored pencil techniques, and materials will be covered. Learn:
- How to choose reference photos
- How to create a dynamic work of art from photos
- Getting a basic sketch on paper
- The fundamentals of direct application of color and umber under paintings, and complementary under paintings
For those who are getting started, we’ll also discuss tools and supplies, as well as a few basic color exercises to get started.
$105.00 per 1-project class. Payable through a PayPal email invoice. Tuition may be paid through your PayPal account or credit card by clicking the PayPal button in the email invoice.
What You Need for the Course:
- Digital camera or scanner
- DSL or Cable Connection for heavy downloads
- Digital JPG/Photo Knowledge as well as Computer knowledge. (Technical computer support will not be offered, such as photo resizing, attaching photos to emails, etc., you need to be computer savvy).
- Email address. Please keep your contact info up to date with the instructor. If your email address changes during the course, please contact us as soon as possible with the changes.
- Supplies & Materials. A materials list will be emailed to you once course tuition has been received.
To sign up, and receive a PayPal invoice, email me. If the course is full when you inquire, you will be notified, and your name will be put on a waiting list. Once a course space has opened up, you will receive a PayPal Invoice for Tuition, payable upon receipt.
If you’re interested in the course, but want to wait, send me an email. I’ll be happy to add your name to the waiting list and you’ll be notified whenever an opening is available.
The artist’s specialties are with horses and other animals and with landscapes. Other subjects will be considered except for nudes and other offensive subjects. If you have a question, please contact Carrie.
This offer cannot be combined with any current two-project courses. Nor can students enrolled in a two-project course downsize to a one project course for a reduction or refund of fees.
For more information, please contact Carrie.