Step-by-step crits have always been part of the online art course experience.
But you don’t have to be a student to get a personalized critique of a current project.
For as little as $20 per crit, you can have any phase of any artwork analyzed for accuracy in drawing, composition, color work, or problem solving.
Crits include a combination of written commentary and illustration (such as that shown above), as well as suggestions for making corrections or adjustments.
To see a sample crit, read How to Know When a Drawing is Finished, which appeared here a few weeks ago.
How It Works
The process is simple.
Email a request for a crit. Put “Art Crit” in the subject line. Tell me how many crits you’d like.
I’ll send you an invoice through PayPal.
As soon as payment is received, I’ll contact you to send all pertinent information.
- Digital reference photos (or a photo of your subject if you’re working from life)
- A digital image of your artwork
- A description of the artwork and what you want to accomplish (why you chose the subject, the focus of the drawing, etc.) and whether or not it’s a portrait
- Your problem or question (if you have one)
Critiques will be returned within 24 to 30 hours whenever possible, but may be delayed by weekends, holidays, family events, or other unexpected circumstances. If I am unable to return a crit within 30 hours, I will notify you as soon as possible.
What It Costs
- Individual Critiques: $30
- 5 Critiques: $125
- 10 Critiques: $200
Multiple critique packages can be used for a group of drawings or paintings submitted together or you can pre-pay for a package and use it as you need it.